Who is the best American League Team

Search This Blog

Who do you think is going to win the american league east in 2010

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Yankees pre-season

So its pre-season, and that can only mean one thing baseball is around the corner, and can I just say, HOLY FUCKING SHIT! its about time. There is a sporting dead hole for me in between football and baseball. I'm not big into hockey and I can really only watch post season basketball. BUT NOW THAT IS OVER! I will say this however, the winter Olympics were very exciting. I did jump on the bandwagon of curling I admit it, but it was cool... haha winter Olympic pun... Hockey was amusing among others but it was able to sustain my need for competition. Tiger Woods just declared that he would play in the Masters I'm psyched for that, and yes i still like Tiger Woods. Crucify me if you will I may not agree with his personal life but he may be the greatest athlete of our or of any time, so I think hes worth watching.

Ok I got of track. Lets talk baseball, the smell of pine tar is in the air. So its the pre-season, the meaningless games, yes some might say this but its a good time to scout talent and shake off the rust. Baseball starts on Easter Sunday and to me thats more important than anything else that ever happened on Easter... I mean its not like Easter has ever been really special, magical or divine in history. So the Yanks start off against the Sox all I have to say is beautiful, however, having them play so early means less games late and those are always more exciting. I truly believe thats what makes baseball so great, its the tension the thrill, the endless drawn out war that it is. Its the only sport where everyday is a battle and the cant be one in a single day, or even week. As a matter of fact sometimes seasons can be one by a strategic loss. It truly is a masterful sport.

Needless to say I'm excited, I am hoping to by tickets when they go on sale Friday. I have not yet been to the new stadium and that makes my heart sink. But I will remedy that like the festering infection that it is. A little bit about me and my Yankee loving self i guess is due to you, my favorite yankee is Texiera (he used to be my favorite player in baseball but then we signed him damn straight), other than him I like the captain of course and Cano, and who can forget Andy Pettite my south paw hero (since I also am a lefty pitcher), Jorge is up there and Mo of course, and against common belief I think A-Rod is amazing and deserves praise. I lived in Rhode Island most of my life and we do not get the YES network (the Yankees entertainment station I believe... point is this is the channel that has the rights to the Yankees) so I listened to all the games on the radio, I ususally caught around 150 games a year thats not so bad. Recently I have been finding hard to watch so many due to schedule, but I vow to catch at least 130 this year!
So here is my A.L. East predictions look for more to come: Yankees- 102 wins, Redsox - 91wins, Tampabay- 85 wins, Toronto- 72 wins, Baltimore- 60 wins

No comments: